A divorce decree may be later modified only in regard to child custody and visitation, child support, or support alimony. An action of this sort is commenced by filing a Motion to Modify. Financial information, including that of new spouses’ incomes, will be necessary if the modification involves support. Depending upon the circumstances, this may be uncontested and agreed to by the parties or it may be contested and therefore require formal service on the opposing party, a response, discovery of pertinent information, and a court hearing. The resulting judgment, whether agreed or awarded by the court, is then part of and as binding as the original decree of divorce. Again, attorney fees may be requested of the other side, and they may or may not be granted.

To schedule a consultation, please call our office at (405) 942-9595.
Payment plans are available to those who qualify.